Our mission at Devex is to help development professionals like you do more good for more people. One of the ways we work to achieve that mission is through a job board and platform designed to connect talented candidates with great organizations who are working to advance the development mission.
As with any job board, there are a few key rules to remember to ensure your job search leads you to the right opportunities:
- Always research the organisation you are about to apply for - particularly if someone reaches out to you from a company you have never heard of.
- Pay attention to detail - unprofessional emails (often this can be indicated by spelling and grammatical mistakes or lack of punctuation for example) and emails sent from individuals who do not have a company domain are a strong indicator that something is not right.
- Be sceptical of individuals contacting you about jobs that have nothing to do with your experience.
- Be wary of online interviews via chat/instant messenger.
- Do not reveal any personal sensitive information as part of a recruitment process (e.g. passport number, bank details, social security number etc.)
- Never accept to make a payment or transfer money as part of the recruitment process or training.
If you ever have concerns about a job offer, job posting or recruitment communication you receive on our platform - no matter how minor - please let us know right away. We'll do our best to address the situation as quickly as possible.You can contact us here.